Nature’s Path organic granola makes a delicious crunchy topping to any savoury dish!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 to 8 servings
I choose Canadian Organic because
Remember to choose ingredients that carry the Canada Organic certification logo!
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup Nature’s Path Chia Plus® Coconut Chia Granola
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease 8-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
In large pot of boiling water, cook sweet potatoes, carrots and garlic for about 15 minutes or until tender; drain and return to pot. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut oil, 3/4 tsp salt and pepper; mash until smooth. Transfer to prepared baking dish. (Can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before baking.)
Mix together granola, bread crumbs, parsley, thyme and remaining salt; stir in remaining coconut oil until combined. Sprinkle over potato mixture; bake for about 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is hot.